In no particular order, 18 lessons I learned in 2018:
01. Positivity brings more positivity.
02. You don’t know how much time you have with someone, make the most of it.
03. Its hard work to keep up friendships sometimes, but it is worth it.
04. Tell people you love them more often. Thank them for everything they do for you, and tell them what they mean to you.
05. You can always find something to complain about, but you don’t have to.
06. It is more worth your time to share the positives then to complain about the negatives.
07. Kindness may not always pay off
08. Always try to see the best in people, and do your best to bring it out in them.
09. Believing in others can make a world of a difference
10. You need to feel all your emotions. Feel them and if you need to – let them go. But do not feel guilty for feeling it, and do not bottle them up inside.
11. If someone pops into your head, text them. It can never hurt to let someone know you are thinking about them.
12. You can do hard things.
13. Comparing yourself to others never does anyone any good. If you find yourself in this cycle do everything you can to stop it immediatly.
14. No matter how tempting, stop checking in on people who probably aren’t checking it on you. It is none of your business, and its easier to let someone go when you aren’t looking at their
15. If you think its a waste of your time, it might just be. (ie. I hate facebook, and deleteing it was an amazing choice)
16. Blocking out time to be alone is really important, but so is not isolating yourself.
17. It’s not cool to not care about anything. Care, care a lot, care too much. Its okay to have a big heart.
18. Sometimes life is incredibly unfair, and its okay to be angry about it. But do not let it make you bitter. There is good to be found in all things, and everything has a purpose.
Happy holidays xx